Local Government Internship Program
Southeast Service Cooperative is pleased to provide an Internship Program for Member Cities and Counties in southeast Minnesota. Funding has been secured through a collaboration of the Minnesota Service Cooperatives, our statewide network of service cooperatives. The program allows for ﬁnancial support, up to 50% of the intern wage (maximum of $6/hour) at 40 hours/week for the duration of the internship within a semester. The program can place up to 18 internships in Region 10. Interns must be must be enrolled in a post-secondary higher educational institution and be considered full-time by that institution for the duration of the internship.
Your agency must be a member of Southeast Service Cooperative. The program is only available for city and county local government agencies in Region 10. Program participation is available on a ﬁrst come, ﬁrst served basis and applications are accepted year-round. Agencies will be limited to one internship per year unless additional spots are available.
1. Complete the Intent to Participate and send to Katie Schmitt.
2. Post your internship position, interview, and select an intern.
3. Complete the Participation Agreement prior to the intern’s start date. Review the requirements for the Internship Program including, enrollment status and the Reﬂection form with your intern.
4. Track intern hours.
5. Complete the Internship Program Report and submit with invoice for hours per reimbursement terms.
6. Remind intern to complete the Internship Program Reﬂection form and send to Southeast Service Cooperative.
7. Receive reimbursement from Southeast Service Cooperative.
If you are just setting up an internship program at your agency, check out the ICMA Internship Guide
for guidance on best practices. Feel free to contact Katie Schmitt for more information.
Development & Innovation Specialist
The Internship Program is a collaborative project of the Minnesota Service Cooperatives.