CLC 501(c)3 Information
Collaborative for Learning and Community210 Wood Lake Drive SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Phone 507.281.6673Facilitating collaborations among education and community organizations to promote lifelong learning and community development.
The Southeast Minnesota Collaborative for Learning & Community(non-profit corporation with tax-exempt, 501(c)3 status)Established April 2003
The Collaborative for Learning & Community (CLC) is a non-profit corporation organized to perform lifelong learning, planning and development on a regional basis and to assist in meeting specific educational needs of children and adults in participating schools and communities which could be better provided as a collaborative than by the schools and communities individually. Cooperative lifelong educational and community development services provide for maximum effective and efficient use of resources.The CLC is located in Rochester, Minnesota and is closely affiliated with the Southeast Service Cooperative (SSC), a public agency initiated in 1976 by Minnesota Statute to serve schools and government units. The CLC’s mission is somewhat broader than SSC’s in that it reaches beyond meeting specific needs of individual entities in administrative and instructional programming to facilitate collaboration by diverse groups within and across communities in southeast Minnesota.
The Collaborative for Learning & Community concerns itself with the following cooperative educational and community development domains:
- Multi-school/community planning, development, and operation of cooperative programs.
- Inter-agency liaison activities.
- Cooperative lifelong educational and community development services.
To promote collaborations and partnerships in lifelong learning and community development, the Collaborative for Learning and Community has defined its functions to meet the following:
- To conduct educational planning and development on a regional basis, providing: a) a structure for coordination of cooperative multi-school and community planning and project development, and b) a data collection and reporting system with appropriate analysis which will assist in planning and development.
- To serve as a liaison with governmental and planning agencies, providing: a) a structure for multi-school and community liaison activities, and b) policies and positions on general regional plans or development which may affect other planning agencies.
- To provide educational, planning, and development services which participating entities determine can best be provided to local schools and communities on a cooperative basis by: a) providing a structure for cooperative lifelong educational and community development related services, and b) delivering or facilitating the delivery of lifelong learning and community development services.