Outstanding Educator AwardThe Outstanding Educator Award of STEM Forward (formerly RAMSP) recognizes K-12 professionals who strive toward the highest levels of excellence within their schools and community, with a focus on initiative and continuous improvement in every aspect of their work. The 2018 Outstanding Educator will be celebrated an the Annual STEM Forward Dinner on January 16, 2019 at Castle Community. Thank you to event sponsors Marco and Local 6. View award recipients and nominees annoucement here. To inquire about tickets to this event, email Sarah Ness at email@example.com.OVERARCHING CRITERIA:Outstanding Educator recipients should embody the following aims of STEM Forward in their work:
SUBMITTING A NOMINATION:
- Foster high K-12 student achievement.
- Exhibit leadership and support for continuous improvement.
- Promote science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) careers.
- Demonstrate collaboration among K-12 schools, businesses and higher education.
OUTSTANDING EDUCATOR AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Nominators are advised to get approval from the district office, superintendent, director of schools, curriculum director, or equivalent for submission.
- Nominations may be submitted via the link below Sarah Ness at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Southeast Service Cooperative, Attn: Sarah Ness at 210 Wood Lake Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904. Questions? Call or email Sarah at 507-281-6678.
- Members of the STEM Forward Board of Directors are not eligible for this award.
OUTSTANDING EDUCATOR AWARD RECIPIENTS Year First Last District Position 2017 Shannon Johnson Zumbrota-Mazeppa Elementary Math 2017 Kristen Seeger Albert Lea Media Specialist 2016 Chris Otterness Kasson Mantorville HS Industrial Tech 2016 Aaron Davis Kasson Mantorville HS Industrial Tech 2015 Angela Wesis Rochester Catholic Schools HS Math & Science 2014 Paul Chick Plainview-Eligin-Millville HS Physics 2014 Andy Pethen Byron HS Math 2013 Mary Graves Zumbrota Mazeppa 6 2013 Megan Schlmek Pine Island HS Biology 2012 Dan Vrieze Dover-Eyota HS Math 2012 Jamie Quam Zumbrota Mazeppa HS Math 2011 Jennifer Green Byron HS Math 2011 Roger Larsen Rochester Public Schools 8 Earth Science 2011 Cheryl Moertel Rochester Public Schools HS Life Science 2010 Jeremy Baumbach Byron MS Math 2010 Jennifer Garin Plainview-Elgin-Millville HS Biology 2010 William Rauen Zumbrota-Mazeppa HS Math 2010 James Sonju Rochester Public (Lincoln K-8), Winona State, Mayo Clinic InSciEd Out 2009 Beverly Nelson Stewartville HS Biology 2009 Dr. ViAnn Olson RCTC 20 Years Hosting Mathcounts Competitions 2009 Anne Soleberg Zumbrota-Mazeppa 6 Math 2008 Mapuna Evjen Byron 2 2008 Charles Handlon Rochester Public Schools HS Science 2008 David Pugh Rochester Public Schools HS Math 2007 Heidi Howe Stewartville MS 2007 Peter Somers Triton HS Math 2007 Rob Warneke Byron HS Math 2006 Troy Faulkner Byron HS Math 2006 Annette Freiheit Hayfield EL Principal 2006 Jane Johnson Dover Eyota Curriculum Coordinator 2006 Ross Aleff Mayo Clinic College of Medicine Mobile Science Labs 2006 Michael Ellingson Triton MS Math 2005 Kari Stellpflug Rochester Public HS Math & Computer Science 2005 Tom Theye Dover Eyota HS Biology & Chemistry 2005 Mike Matuska Zumbrota-Mazeppa HS Math 2004 De Cansler Rochester Public Schools 7 Science 2004 Carol Lucido Rochester Public Schools I/A Everyday Math 2004 Tammy Beniak Zumbrota-Mazeppa 5/6 Math 2003 Charro Coleman Byron 8 Science 2003 Bob Weinmann Rochester Catholics Schools HS Science 2002 Mike Greve Rochester Catholic Schools 7 Science 2002 Steve Schwartz Stewartville HS Math